Sunday, April 25, 2010

Seven Months Later...

Since it's been seven months since my last (and only) post, I decided that now would be a good time to inform you of what in the world is going on with me.

It's becoming very hard to believe that I will be finished with my Sophomore year of college in just 4 days. It seems like the older I get, the more quickly life flies by. However, I also feel like I serve much more of a purpose in college now that I've chosen Social Work to be my major. I'm very excited about taking my first Social Work class this summer. My teacher is also my advisor, and he told me that basically what we're going to have to do for the class is watch a TV show (I don't remember the name of it) and write a response to each episode we watch telling how we would react to the situation as a Social Worker. Sounds like my kind of class!

The down-side of waiting until second semester of Sophomore year to choose a major is that I'm going to have to take no less than 18 hours every semester to graduate on time. I'm going to be dropping choir (Dr. Lesley is leaving anyway, and it takes a while for new directors to settle in), but I will still be in band. Speaking of choir, we had our Spring concert last weekend. I would say it was a success. I was so happy that my friends came to listen to us.
It always makes me feel loved when people come and watch me in performances.


Speaking of friends, I am beyond excited that these next six nights will be my last six nights living in a dorm. Andra , Kaitlin, Kaitlin's sister Rebecca and I will all be living in what is now Kaitlin and Rebecca's house! (I'll actually move in for good in July). We'll have a washing machine and a dryer and a REAL kitchen and a BATHTUB and a driveway and a front yard and a back yard and a couch and a fish farm and we won't have to check guests in (I don't think...) and Andra and I will have our own rooms and our own closets and we can have parties and always have girl time and not have to make girl time! We'll all be staying there a few days after we move out of our dorm room to get everything fixed up.

Other than that, there's not too much going on. My dad graduates with his Masters Degree in Counseling next Saturday, and Tyler graduates at the end of the month. (I STILL can't believe that...) That means that all three of us will be attending MSU next year. Yaaay!

I've also decided that I'm going to be posting a song/video every time a post on my blog. So here is today's song! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We plan on bringing beds Tuesday so you won't have to sleep on the couch or the floor.

    ReplyDelete